Thursday, August 11, 2011

Please Pray

Today my dad was given the devastating news that he has been diagnosed with lymphoma.  Ugh!  It's been a tough year on my family and this is just another bump in the road.  My dad is one of the strongest people I know and I know that he will overcome this with flying colors.  He will not do this alone.  He is loved by many and he will have the prayers of thousands behind him.  Not only does he have my mom, his children and grandchildren walking this path with him... he also has his brothers, his friends, extended family, his coworkers, his students and the support of so many others!   My family and I are asking for your prayers!  We truly believe that God and our Paige will get my dad/grandpa through this trying time.  We know the road may be long and not so easy on dad, but we believe in the power of prayer.  I am askng for this specific prayers:

1.  That God gives my dad strength throughout this entire process and helps keep his spirit high!
2.  That God gives my dad's doctors the wisdom and knowledge they need to rid his body of this cancer and make him healthy again.
3.  That my family's faith will continue to be strong so that we can be a positive support team for my dad!

Thank you so much for your prayers..... my family truly appreciates each and every one!



4 comments:

  1. We will continue to pray for all of you, especially Uncle Bill. We love you all!!!
    Ben,Becky, and Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa,

    I am so sorry that your family continues to have to deal with such tough times. The good news is that lymphoma is often very treatable. My father was diagnosed with it about 10 years ago... did some treatments... and has been in remission ever since! Other than his annual blood work, you would never know anything had been wrong! I pray that this will be the case for your dad as well! If you need to talk about it, let me know! I know Paige is looking over him and will help her Grandpa through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always felt it is truly a priviledge to know your dad. He is, hands down, one of the most impressive people I have ever met. You are correct to say thousands will be praying for him.
    HUGS,
    Marcia A

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know if there is anything, anything that we can do for your dad or the other members of the family you just need to call and ask. We will be waiting for your call.
    Love and prayers to all of you
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete